Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face Id Disabled

i have finally updated my phone and for awhile it said face id disabled, now everything’s updated but it’s still disabled, what do i do to get it back?

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 12:08 PM

Your Face ID true depth camera has probably  failed.

Using diagnostics available in iOS 14.6 or later, Apple has detected an issue with your TrueDepth camera that might cause it to not function as expected. The TrueDepth camera contains lasers, which might be disabled for safety reasons if the device malfunctions or is damaged. This won't prevent you from using your iPhone or iPad, but until your iPhone or iPad is updated or serviced, you might not be able to use Face ID, Animoji, Memoji, and some other features that use the front camera.

If you get that message and can't enroll your face or unlock your device with Face ID, you can take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support about your iPhone or your iPad. Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 12:08 PM in response to kinsleykel

Your Face ID true depth camera has probably  failed.

Using diagnostics available in iOS 14.6 or later, Apple has detected an issue with your TrueDepth camera that might cause it to not function as expected. The TrueDepth camera contains lasers, which might be disabled for safety reasons if the device malfunctions or is damaged. This won't prevent you from using your iPhone or iPad, but until your iPhone or iPad is updated or serviced, you might not be able to use Face ID, Animoji, Memoji, and some other features that use the front camera.

If you get that message and can't enroll your face or unlock your device with Face ID, you can take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support about your iPhone or your iPad. Apple Support

Face Id Disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.