Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send mail failing using hide my email

“The Hide My Email address you’re sending from is no longer available. It may have been deleted or deactivated.”

I get this message (alert box) when I try to respond to an email I received on this hose me email address. Using Apple Mail app.

yes - I checked, and the email address is still active in iCloud settings.

iOS 15.6.1 / iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Thanks in advance

Ajay

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 7:48 PM

golfer_dad Said:

"Send mail failing using hide my email: 'The Hide My Email address you’re sending from is no longer available. It may have been deleted or deactivated.' I get this message (alert box) when I try to respond to an email I received on this hose me email address. Using Apple Mail app.[...]"

-------

Reactivate this eMail Address:

Go here: Stop Using, Reactivate, or Delete a Hide My Email address on iCloud.com - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 7:48 PM in response to golfer_dad

golfer_dad Said:

"Send mail failing using hide my email: 'The Hide My Email address you’re sending from is no longer available. It may have been deleted or deactivated.' I get this message (alert box) when I try to respond to an email I received on this hose me email address. Using Apple Mail app.[...]"

-------

Reactivate this eMail Address:

Go here: Stop Using, Reactivate, or Delete a Hide My Email address on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Sep 12, 2022 1:46 PM in response to golfer_dad

golfer_dad Said:

"Send mail failing using hide my email: Settings -> iCloud -> Hide my email says the email id is still active. any other thoughts / suggestions?

———-

Provide a Screenshot:

Please provide a screenshot of this message, and any other screen parts that need to be seen. That would most certainly help. Please leave out personal info(i.e. names) by covering it with rectangles, through use of the Photos app. Go here: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Sep 14, 2022 9:10 AM in response to golfer_dad

I had the same issue. Previously, it only happened on my Mac, and today both my Mac and iPhone refused to send a reply with one of my Hide My Email addresses.

What solved it for me was to deactivate the address and reactivate it. Seconds after doing so, the mail got sent without the slightest issue.

Deactivating and reactivating of a Hide My Email address can be done in your iCloud settings on iPhone, Mac or browsing to the iCloud.com web page. 👍🏻

Send mail failing using hide my email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.