Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store

My app store wont let me download/update anything it keeps telling me somebody in my family plan has a billing problem and telling me to ask them to update their billing information ive ask everybody in my family plan to update their family plan and its still not letting me download or update anything.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 10:44 AM

That alert tells me that the family organizer has a defaulted payment on a family member's previous purchase and the plan is frozen until the organizer speaks directly to Apple and resolves the defaulted payment.

1-800-MY-APPLE

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.5; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.7; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.6; HomePods, audioOS 15.5.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 10:44 AM in response to Xunna

That alert tells me that the family organizer has a defaulted payment on a family member's previous purchase and the plan is frozen until the organizer speaks directly to Apple and resolves the defaulted payment.

1-800-MY-APPLE

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.5; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.7; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.6; HomePods, audioOS 15.5.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.