Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to delete an app by moving to trash. Doesn't work. Help

I am not able to delete an app in my Utilities folder by moving it to trash. Installed "Appuninstaller" and it doesn't show the app I want to delete which was loaded thru internet.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 6:19 AM

Mybeach70 wrote:

App is called Terminal app. Is this baked in?

You are not going to remove the Terminal.app

—it is the terminal emulator included in the macOS operating system by Apple. Terminal originated in NeXTSTEP and OPENSTEP, the predecessor operating systems of macOS. This is you command-line interface/ text-based access to the operating system,

Apps included on your Mac - Apple Support

if you are trying to free up storage, try more general house cleaning ...

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support 

Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

if you are still at a loss— Try something like OmniDiskSweeper for a GUI to get a good look at itemized file size and location: OmniDiskSweeper http://www.omnigroup.com/more

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 6:19 AM in response to Mybeach70

Mybeach70 wrote:

App is called Terminal app. Is this baked in?

You are not going to remove the Terminal.app

—it is the terminal emulator included in the macOS operating system by Apple. Terminal originated in NeXTSTEP and OPENSTEP, the predecessor operating systems of macOS. This is you command-line interface/ text-based access to the operating system,

Apps included on your Mac - Apple Support

if you are trying to free up storage, try more general house cleaning ...

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support 

Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

if you are still at a loss— Try something like OmniDiskSweeper for a GUI to get a good look at itemized file size and location: OmniDiskSweeper http://www.omnigroup.com/more

unable to delete an app by moving to trash. Doesn't work. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.