Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook airdrop no longer pops up after being sleep?

I recently purchased a new macbook and when I first power it on, Airdrop is up & works perfectly fine. When I put it to sleep and come back to it, airdrop no longer is findable for other devices. I have to restart the whole macbook to get airdrop to pop up again or be findable on other devices again. Why doesnt it stay after sleep? My 2012 macbook doesnt do this & has no problem finding airdrop after being sleep.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 11:49 AM

dreammacbook wrote:

I recently purchased a new macbook and when I first power it on, Airdrop is up & works perfectly fine. When I put it to sleep and come back to it, airdrop no longer is findable for other devices. I have to restart the whole macbook to get airdrop to pop up again or be findable on other devices again. Why doesnt it stay after sleep? My 2012 macbook doesnt do this & has no problem finding airdrop after being sleep.

Verify your software is up to date

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.6

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 16.0

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 11:49 AM in response to dreammacbook

dreammacbook wrote:

Verify your software is up to date

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.6

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 16.0

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

My macbook airdrop no longer pops up after being sleep?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.