Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing music from my iPhone using iTunes (Music)

I finally had to update the software of my Mac Pro to Monterey 12.5.1 (used to use Mojave 10.14). I have always been able to play the music from my iPhone on my Mac by plugging it in via USB and playing the music through iTunes. With the updated OS, my entire iPhone is grayed out in iTunes.

However this is my work computer and all of my music library is on my home computer, so I can't just play it from the music library in iTunes here at work. No, I do not use Apple Music subscription service. This is music that I ripped from my CDs about 15 years ago from obscure Christian artists (Ghoti Hook, Blindside, and CPT Nemo among the bands). Anyone have an idea why I can no longer play music from my iPhone via iTunes on my Mac?

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 1:30 PM

Unfortunately Apple have chosen not to include the feature that allowed direct playback of content on a manually managed device in the new Music app. You might get yourself a Bluetooth speaker to use as a workaround.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Playing music from my iPhone using iTunes (Music)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.