Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

workout view option missing

When I tap watch app>my watch>workout there is no option to edit workout view

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 6:08 PM

For whatever reason, Apple moved where you change workout views from the Watch app to the Workout app on the watch itself. It makes it a lot more complicated (at least for me) since the screen and text is so small.

Here’s how you do it:

1) Open the Workout app on your watch

2) Find the workout you want to create or change the workout view for—but don’t tap it. Instead, tap the three dots next to it.

3) Then choose your goal but don’t tap it either, instead tap the pencil icon to edit it.

4) Choose Workout Views

5) Tap Edit Views

6) Scroll down and include or exclude different metrics. You can also select which metrics appear on the ones that have the pencil icon.

7) To reorder how they appear, scroll all the way down and tap the Reorder button.

Yeah, it’s a lot more confusing…but the trade off, I guess, is that we get to pick and choose from a lot more metrics, especially for Outdoor Running.

See these articles for more info on the new watchOS workout view :

View and edit workout metrics on Apple Watch - Apple Support

https://www.myhealthyapple.com/how-to-change-the-apple-watch-workout-app-on-screen-stats-and-metrics/

Hope these help!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 6:08 PM in response to marcy369

For whatever reason, Apple moved where you change workout views from the Watch app to the Workout app on the watch itself. It makes it a lot more complicated (at least for me) since the screen and text is so small.

Here’s how you do it:

2) Find the workout you want to create or change the workout view for—but don’t tap it. Instead, tap the three dots next to it.

3) Then choose your goal but don’t tap it either, instead tap the pencil icon to edit it.

4) Choose Workout Views

5) Tap Edit Views

6) Scroll down and include or exclude different metrics. You can also select which metrics appear on the ones that have the pencil icon.

7) To reorder how they appear, scroll all the way down and tap the Reorder button.

Yeah, it’s a lot more confusing…but the trade off, I guess, is that we get to pick and choose from a lot more metrics, especially for Outdoor Running.

https://www.myhealthyapple.com/how-to-change-the-apple-watch-workout-app-on-screen-stats-and-metrics/

Hope these help!

Sep 12, 2022 6:06 PM in response to marcy369

Here’s how you do it:

4) Choose Workout Views

5) Tap Edit Views

Hope these help!

Sep 12, 2022 4:45 PM in response to marcy369

What model of phone is it and what version of ios is it running?

What model of watch is it and what version of WatchOS is it running?.

workout view option missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.