Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing content from old iphone

I got a new iPhone and want to remove all the pics and contacts from my old phone before sending it back. How do I do this without removing these things from my new phone?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 6:51 PM

Ramgermom Said:

"Removing content from old iphone: I got a new iPhone and want to remove all the pics and contacts from my old phone before sending it back. How do I do this without removing these things from my new phone?"

-------

Reset this iPhone:

So, do you not want to back up this data? If so, skip the backup, and just perform the format. Perform as instructed here, including the iCloud sign out: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 6:51 PM in response to Ramgermom

Ramgermom Said:

"Removing content from old iphone: I got a new iPhone and want to remove all the pics and contacts from my old phone before sending it back. How do I do this without removing these things from my new phone?"

-------

Reset this iPhone:

So, do you not want to back up this data? If so, skip the backup, and just perform the format. Perform as instructed here, including the iCloud sign out: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 12, 2022 6:53 PM in response to Ramgermom

Hello Ramgermom, This Apple Support page on transferring data from old iPhone to new iPhone should help. Also once you complete that on your old iPhone go to Settings > General > scroll down to the bottom of screen and select "Transfer or Reset IPhone to get it ready for a new owner or trade in.

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Removing content from old iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.