Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Always On Display” for the iPhone 14 Pro Max

Before upgrading to the new iPhone 14 (Pro Max) I wanted to see if you could turn OFF the “always on” display they’ve been hyping up. I couldn’t find any info on this so I reached out via Twitter and messaged Apple directly. They said it only goes off if I put it in my pocket or turn it upside down. What?!!! There are times I don’t want to turn my screen over (say on a dirty table) but need it out to quickly check for updates. I’m also in a profession where I can’t have people looking at what’s coming through my “locked screen.” Is there a work around to this feature so I can turn it off? If not, I won’t be making the purchase until a fix is made available. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 8:47 PM

There will be a setting to Turn OFF the Always On Display on the iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max. The Apple Watch Series 5 through 7 have had the AOD and it can be turned OFF on those as well.

To confirm, contact Apple again and ask whether there is an option in Settings ➡️ Display & Brightness to turn it OFF.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 8:47 PM in response to littlemuskie

There will be a setting to Turn OFF the Always On Display on the iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max. The Apple Watch Series 5 through 7 have had the AOD and it can be turned OFF on those as well.

To confirm, contact Apple again and ask whether there is an option in Settings ➡️ Display & Brightness to turn it OFF.

Axel F.

“Always On Display” for the iPhone 14 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.