Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 16 broke swiping on 3rd party screen

I have an iPhone X and everything was fine prior to downloading and installing the new ios16 release caused a lot of touchscreen bugs. it seems like the phone doesn’t recognize when i lift my finger and i need to tap agin for the gesture to register. this makes for some quite annoying swiping behavior and sometimes the screen will just hold down a press. i got the screen replaced about 2 years ago from a random little repair shop and i know that genius bar is just gong to tell me to get a new phone so anyone got any fixes or am i stuck until a dev sees this and issues an update??

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 9:16 PM

6 replies

Sep 14, 2022 7:51 PM in response to oiver-

UPDATE TEMPORARY FIX:

Found a fix from another user on here. Still a little glitchy with other gestures but swiping is fixed

Steps:

Settings > Touch > Accessibility > Touch Accomodation (Turn on Touch Accomodation) > Scroll down and Select "Initial Touch Location" >> Scroll down >> Swipe Gestures (Turn on Swipe Gestures) >> Select "Standard".

IOS 16 broke swiping on 3rd party screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.