Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

whatsapp web on ipad can't be opened

Hi. I really need your help.

Im using ipad 9 2021 and it has ios 15.7 version now.

Apparently, I can't open whatsapp web on my safari.

It is written "WhatsApp works with Safari 11+, to use WhatsApp, update Safari or use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Opera"

I attach a photo of the screen.

Please tell me what to do ASAP, I really need this for college assignments.

Thanks for helping!

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 8:51 AM

Safari is an integral element of iOS/iPadOS - and cannot be updated independently of the OS. 

If your iPad has been updated to the most recent version supported by your iPad, then Safari is as up-to-date as is possible.

However, some websites may incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which their are two - these being Desktop and Mobile. It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

48 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 8:51 AM in response to kinawaaa

Safari is an integral element of iOS/iPadOS - and cannot be updated independently of the OS. 

If your iPad has been updated to the most recent version supported by your iPad, then Safari is as up-to-date as is possible.

However, some websites may incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which their are two - these being Desktop and Mobile. It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

Sep 14, 2022 1:41 PM in response to kinawaaa

Apparently, now WhatsApp web doesn't work on tablet browsers. I reached out both WhatsApp and apple support for this issue. And apple asked to re install the update and i did but that didn't help. Then whatsapp gave an explanation to the problem, that whatsapp web now isn't supported on Mobile browsers and tablets browsers. 😡

Sep 27, 2022 7:31 PM in response to kinawaaa

I was able to solve this problem by turning off the “Request Desktop Website” for all websites in Safari setting in Settings app. Once I turned off this setting, everything started working as it used to before I updated my iPad to iOS 15.7. Firefox worked too, but I didn’t want yet another web browser app on my iPad. I am comfortable with Safari.

Sep 29, 2022 9:29 PM in response to kinawaaa

Hi all,

I was able to solve this by turning off the “Request Desktop Website” on the WhatsApp tab. Just head to the address bar, click on the “aA” button on the left, then click on “Website Settings”.

From there, turn off “Request Dekstop Website”. Refresh and, voila, now it’s working flawlessly again! 😊

Sep 30, 2022 7:51 AM in response to Redsat

Redsat wrote:

Hi all,

I was able to solve this by turning off the “Request Desktop Website” on the WhatsApp tab. Just head to the address bar, click on the “aA” button on the left, then click on “Website Settings”.

From there, turn off “Request Dekstop Website”. Refresh and, voila, now it’s working flawlessly again! 😊

As documented on Page #1 of this lengthening thread.

whatsapp web on ipad can't be opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.