Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro max release day purchase

Hi,

I placed an order for an iPhone 14 pro max but doesn’t arrive till October and need it sooner. Is it possible to walk into an apple store on Friday 16th and buy one there and then? Or do they not have stock besides the one purchased online by customers?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 12:52 PM

If you want one tomorrow, I recommend you get up and get inline at your closest Apple Store at or before 5:00 AM. Hundreds of people who weren't able to get an iPhone ordered for a Launch Day delivery will do exactly that. While Apple Stores "sometimes" have some limited stock for walk-in customers, it is usually very limited and you may well find yourself waiting for hours and still not get the phone you want.

Last year, I had a friend arrive at the Apple Store before 5:00 AM. He waited in line for more than 6 hours and wasn't successful.

You could try other options, such as BestBuy and your cellular provider who may have some limited stock available as well.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 12:52 PM in response to mahmoudyassine

If you want one tomorrow, I recommend you get up and get inline at your closest Apple Store at or before 5:00 AM. Hundreds of people who weren't able to get an iPhone ordered for a Launch Day delivery will do exactly that. While Apple Stores "sometimes" have some limited stock for walk-in customers, it is usually very limited and you may well find yourself waiting for hours and still not get the phone you want.

Last year, I had a friend arrive at the Apple Store before 5:00 AM. He waited in line for more than 6 hours and wasn't successful.

You could try other options, such as BestBuy and your cellular provider who may have some limited stock available as well.

Sep 15, 2022 12:56 PM in response to mahmoudyassine

Chances are low but it’s always possible. As mentioned, you’re likely to have better luck at retailers like Best Buy but it depends on your market. Last that I checked Best Buy had better lead time than Apple which is often the case. That’s where I usually buy my new iPhones although I opted for Apple this time to get the 3% cash back on my Apple Card.

iPhone 14 pro max release day purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.