Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No brightness key on new MacBook Pro

I purchased new MacBookPro (13 inches, M2, macOS Monterey).

Old MacBookPro used to have Brightness adjustment key (F1, F2) however new MacBookPro doesn't.

It seems the only ways to adjust Brightness manually are (1) system preference -> display (2) use the bar (3) use the slider icon on the menu bar.

Is there short cut to adjust brightness by using keyboard? I have no idea why they remove F1, F2 brightness adjustment key, it was so helpful.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 12:13 PM

LEE2023 wrote:

Old MacBookPro used to have Brightness adjustment key (F1, F2) however new MacBookPro doesn't.
It seems the only ways to adjust Brightness manually are (1) system preference -> display (2) use the bar (3) use the slider icon on the menu bar.

Is there short cut to adjust brightness by using keyboard? I have no idea why they remove F1, F2 brightness adjustment key, it was so helpful.

This Mac has a Touchbar...

Depending on your >System Preferences you can use the fn key to see all F key in Touchbar

or

on the Control Strip

make changes that suit you better:

Change Keyboard preferences on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 12:13 PM in response to LEE2023

LEE2023 wrote:

This Mac has a Touchbar...

Depending on your >System Preferences you can use the fn key to see all F key in Touchbar

or

on the Control Strip

make changes that suit you better:

Change Keyboard preferences on Mac - Apple Support

No brightness key on new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.