Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2019 refusing to charge

Hello

my late 2019 MacBook Pro is suddenly refusing to accept any charge from all 4 ports. I’ve tried resetting smc many times with no results.

I tried the brick by charging my phone and it works, so I thought it must be the usb c cable itself and bought a new cable and it’s still refusing to charge.

I cannot update my MacBook because it’s on like 3% battery.

what can I do?

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 11:34 AM

I have fixed the issue. My MacBook had to be physically discharged by unscrewing the back cover and unplugging the battery from the logic board. I waited about 10 minutes to be very sure it would discharge. Then I put it all back together and plugged it into a power source and it recognised it was being charged.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 11:34 AM in response to Agust1337

I have fixed the issue. My MacBook had to be physically discharged by unscrewing the back cover and unplugging the battery from the logic board. I waited about 10 minutes to be very sure it would discharge. Then I put it all back together and plugged it into a power source and it recognised it was being charged.

Sep 13, 2022 12:23 PM in response to Agust1337

Agust1337 wrote:

Hello
my late 2019 MacBook Pro is suddenly refusing to accept any charge from all 4 ports. I’ve tried resetting smc many times with no results.
I tried the brick by charging my phone and it works, so I thought it must be the usb c cable itself and bought a new cable and it’s still refusing to charge.
I cannot update my MacBook because it’s on like 3% battery.
what can I do?

Hmmm.

Not charging how..d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶%̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶(̶?̶)̶ ̶ ̶I̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶?̶

About battery health management in Mac notebooks intel— introduced with macOS10.15.5

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

—> Restarting typically re-defines port definition...alternatively you can Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM

Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support (get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

ref: If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook - Apple Support

If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac

If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac desktop or Mac notebook fixed and how much it will cost.

Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

MacBook Pro 2019 refusing to charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.