Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off parental permissions for 18+ family member.

My son is 18 going on 19 and he's included in our family sharing. Until he was 18, I had parental controls set up on his phone and every time that he wanted to download an app, his phone would send me a message requesting permission for the app. It worked great. But, once he turned 18, I no longer find that feature necessary. I've completely turned off parental permissions. I removed my account from the App Store and signed him in under his own name. I think I've done everything I need to do, short of removing him entirely from the family sharing, and I'm still receiving requests for app approval. What's wrong? How do I remove this feature?

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 10:04 AM

Ask to buy is turned off independently of Parental Restrictions. See here to turn it off: link-> Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Do note you will still be charged for any purchases he makes unless he has gift card credit balance on his account.

2 replies

How to turn off parental permissions for 18+ family member.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.