Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 16 for iPad MINI 5th gen

Is the iPad Mini 6th Gen not compatible with IOS 16? I could only download and updated to 15.7!

How do I get IOS 16 installed on my Mini?

I got my iPhone 12 updated to 15.7, rebooted then updated to 16 but not my mini.

Never seen Apple make you update to one version before updating to the newest before. I'm guessing 15.7 had prerequisites that had to be present before 16 could be installed.

Anyone else having the same issues?

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 11:42 AM

Unlike iOS16 for iPhone, released yesterday, iPadOS16 is not due for release until sometime in October. 

However, iPadOS 15.7 was also released yesterday - incorporating essential security updates.

About the security content of iOS 15.7 and iPadOS 15.7 - Apple Support

While iOS16 is available for iPhone, iPhone owners have the option to just install iOS15.7 at this time.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 11:42 AM in response to rkent57

Unlike iOS16 for iPhone, released yesterday, iPadOS16 is not due for release until sometime in October. 

However, iPadOS 15.7 was also released yesterday - incorporating essential security updates.

About the security content of iOS 15.7 and iPadOS 15.7 - Apple Support

While iOS16 is available for iPhone, iPhone owners have the option to just install iOS15.7 at this time.

Sep 13, 2022 2:03 PM in response to rkent57

rkent 57. If you had read the information about ios 15.7 you would have seen that this was just a security update, as mentioned by LotusPilot. Wouldn’t you appreciate a security update first?

All other information about ios 16 has been published, and very clearly states that it is for the iPhone first. If you had thought about it for just a second you may have realized that the new iPhone 14, with delivery in a few days will have ios 16 loaded, so it makes sense that all iPhones that can download the new ios would also be upgraded to the new ios.

It will not be long, probably next month, for the new ios 16 to be available for the iPads. Sometimes a little patience is required.

Sep 13, 2022 3:22 PM in response to rkent57

The reason I posted this thread was based off the below article from "BGR" I have pasted below.

iOS 16 out now with new Lock Screen and message editing - here's how to update your iPhone - BGR

Nowhere in the article was anything written about an upgrade to 15.7. In addition, the article listed all models ready for downloads...hence my reason for my post.

Previous upgrade notifications from this site have always been correct which is why I was asking the community for inputs.

Thanks for the inputs as I will now look forward to the Oct update.

I

IOS 16 for iPad MINI 5th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.