Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text notification

on my wife's texts to me there is a little bell with a / through it on the upper lef corner of her texts to me. Hers only How to I change so that I'm notified when she texts me? It's an Iphone 12

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 12:32 PM

Open the Messages app. Locate the thread with the name of the person that you are referring to (Your Wife). Is there an icon, on the right , that looks like a BELL with a SLASH through it? If YES, then that indicates that the sound notifications for that person have been silenced. If this is the case, then you can TOUCH that Message thread and then SLIDE it to the LEFT. This will display options to Silence Sound (BELL) and Delete thread (TRASH CAN). Tap on the Sound option (BELL) and that will reinstate the sound notifications for this one person.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 12:32 PM in response to georgeeckhardt

Open the Messages app. Locate the thread with the name of the person that you are referring to (Your Wife). Is there an icon, on the right , that looks like a BELL with a SLASH through it? If YES, then that indicates that the sound notifications for that person have been silenced. If this is the case, then you can TOUCH that Message thread and then SLIDE it to the LEFT. This will display options to Silence Sound (BELL) and Delete thread (TRASH CAN). Tap on the Sound option (BELL) and that will reinstate the sound notifications for this one person.

Axel F.

text notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.