Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Password Visible in iOS 16

While I know it wasn't completely secure, I did allow folks on my WiFi network by sharing my password. Now, it appears that all these passwords will be visible? Is this correct? Trying to figure out whether I need to change my WiFi passwords.

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 12:41 PM

Wow! What we were they thinking while adding this *feature*! I mean what?? Very convenient to say you have option to change the password if you do not want them to connect again. Wow. And after that go and reconfigure all those devices, systems, security setups, solar systems, home theater devices, lcds, gaming pcs, laptop and what now. Man! A salute!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 12:41 PM in response to Axel Foley

Wow! What we were they thinking while adding this *feature*! I mean what?? Very convenient to say you have option to change the password if you do not want them to connect again. Wow. And after that go and reconfigure all those devices, systems, security setups, solar systems, home theater devices, lcds, gaming pcs, laptop and what now. Man! A salute!

Sep 13, 2022 3:06 PM in response to EMBVirginia

If someone has the password to your Wi-Fi Network and connects to the network, then that person will be able to see the entire password by checking the (i) information portion of the network. NOTE, that person will automatically connect to your Wi-Fi Network whether they can see the password or not.

Should you change the password to your Wi-Fi Network? That is entirely up to you. If you do not want those people to connect to your Wi-Fi Network again then change the password.

Axel F.

WiFi Password Visible in iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.