Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 battery issues

Just updated to iOS 16 today and have found a huge difference with battery life. Prior to the update I would get two days out of a full charge, now only got half a day.

mid anyone else experiencing this same issue? If so is there a way to fix it?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 6:03 PM

4 replies

Oct 24, 2022 8:02 AM in response to nick from mays landing

Just the facts:

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

Recent software updates can accelerate that process by adding features that consume more power.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

Oct 24, 2022 7:46 AM in response to nick from mays landing

Not only is it causing battery drain, it is causing the maximum battery capacity to deplete rapidly. I have an open case with Apple. I called them on Sept. 30th and today. The first advisor had the audacity to tell me that this tremendous drop in battery capacity is normal. But then he pointed out that he does see my battery draining rapidly while we were on the phone. To sum it up: I have rapid battery drainage and maximum capacity depletion. I honestly believe that Apple is doing this to make people buy new phones. I do not have money to buy a new phone when my old one was working fine up until the software update. I have a 11 pro max. My husband is also having the same issue with his 11 Pro.

iOS 16 battery issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.