Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Connection Error

Good, i have the original AirPods pro that is still stuck on the the old firmware 3A283. Now that i have updated my iPhone to IOS 16 am getting an conniption error message say they can’t be verified. How can i get my AirPods to update and is this a bug in IOS16

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 7:03 PM

265Spider Said:

"AirPods Connection Error: Good, i have the original AirPods pro that is still stuck on the the old firmware 3A283. Now that i have updated my iPhone to IOS 16 am getting an conniption error message say they can’t be verified. How can i get my AirPods to update and is this a bug in IOS16"

-------

Troubleshoot the AirPods' Connectivity:

Start by wiggling it in your ear. No success? Charge these to 100%. If still not success, refer to the following...

Troubleshooting AirPod Connectivity:

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C.  Reset your AirPods:

How to Reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

D. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 7:03 PM in response to 265Spider

265Spider Said:

"AirPods Connection Error: Good, i have the original AirPods pro that is still stuck on the the old firmware 3A283. Now that i have updated my iPhone to IOS 16 am getting an conniption error message say they can’t be verified. How can i get my AirPods to update and is this a bug in IOS16"

-------

Troubleshoot the AirPods' Connectivity:

Start by wiggling it in your ear. No success? Charge these to 100%. If still not success, refer to the following...

Troubleshooting AirPod Connectivity:

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C.  Reset your AirPods:

How to Reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

D. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Sep 13, 2022 7:31 PM in response to 265Spider

265Spider Said:

"AirPods Connection Error: This is the problem am facing, nothings suggested there addresses what am faced with"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Seeing the word "Verify", I am now taking this in a different way...

Verifying Genuine AirPods:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/.
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine, and connect in Bluetooth Settings. If not, then these are fake, and that is likely why you are getting the issue of connectivity

Sep 13, 2022 9:05 PM in response to 265Spider

265Spider Said:

"AirPods Connection Error: Thanks for the feedback, i have Checked the serial no and everything checks out that they are the original AirPods. Why am I seeing this message and why won’t my AirPods update firmware. That’s what i would like to know."

-------

Three things...

A. Having Just Updated, Perform a Restart:

B. What happens when you click: Connect in Bluetooth Settings? A screenshot from there may help too.

C. Latest Firmware: About Firmware Updates for AirPods - Apple Support

Sep 13, 2022 9:29 PM in response to 265Spider

265Spider Said:

-------

Report this to Apple:

Seems to be a common phenomenon reported on these forums. So, provide feedback to Apple on this. Apple may not get back to you with a direct reply. But the more feedback Apple received on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all started after an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

AirPods Connection Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.