Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unmatched albums exist on my iphone but not on my mac or ipad. how do I get the unmatched albums to the icloud?

I subscribed to iTunes Match a few days ago. My matched iTunes albums show up on my Mac and synced iPad. However, I have approx 100 albums that are unmatched (I uploaded from CD long ago). They all exist on my iPhone but don’t show up on my Mac or iPad. I am hesitant to turn Sync On on the iphone because when I do, it says all media will be deleted and replaced. How do I get these unmatched CD albums into the cloud? I thought that’s what iTunes Match was for?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 7:05 AM

iTunes Match lets you match or upload content from an iTunes or Music library so that it is available on any other devices or libraries signed into the same Apple ID. Apple Music includes an additional feature that will allow matching/uploading of existing content on a device when you enable Sync Library. If you want to use Apple's cloud music features to recover media on your device then you need Apple Music rather than iTunes Match. A one month trial (if you've not already used it) would be sufficient, just make sure to download the items to your computer and backup at the earliest opportunity.

See also Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 7:05 AM in response to totosmom

iTunes Match lets you match or upload content from an iTunes or Music library so that it is available on any other devices or libraries signed into the same Apple ID. Apple Music includes an additional feature that will allow matching/uploading of existing content on a device when you enable Sync Library. If you want to use Apple's cloud music features to recover media on your device then you need Apple Music rather than iTunes Match. A one month trial (if you've not already used it) would be sufficient, just make sure to download the items to your computer and backup at the earliest opportunity.

See also Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

unmatched albums exist on my iphone but not on my mac or ipad. how do I get the unmatched albums to the icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.