You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri and dictation features not working after water damage on iPhone X

My iPhone X was working perfectly, it dropped into a bowl of water and I took it out immediately, thereafter I noticed that dictation features wasn’t working, same as the Siri setup wasn’t working.. I’ve tested the microphone by making calls and recording audios and it’s working perfectly but Siri had since stopped working same time as dictation features. I’ve tried following the procedures to retest Siri but I always get the “Siri didn’t quite get that, try again” when asked to say “Hey Siri”. Is Siri broken?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 11:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 1:06 AM

Contact - Official Apple Support

to set up your device for service

5 replies

Sep 15, 2022 12:29 PM in response to rom.ph

If iPhone X is water resistant, it might interest you to know that the device was not in the bowl for more than 2 seconds. I wiped it dry immediately I pulled it out from the bowl of water. It’s been over a year now. Siri isn’t working. Recently I noticed my phone wouldn’t connect to wifi or Bluetooth devices unless it’s touching the Bluetooth device or wifi router. I mean literally touching the devices before it connects. Once phone is moved at arms length away from Bluetooth device or wifi router it’s disconnects. What do I do.

Siri and dictation features not working after water damage on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.