Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness app problems on iOS 16

So I got a unique issue here.

As of a couple weeks ago at work there are now long stretches of time were I can’t wear my Apple Watch.

I figured no biggie though the new version of iOS will have advanced fitness tracking, so I can accurately record my activity during my shift even when I can’t wear my watch.

Im constantly moving for upwards of 10 most days.

Now most days I have to put my watch in a locker. The thing is though I think the activity app is still trying to pull the activity info from my watch and not my iPhone.

As I said, I’m on my feet for my entire shift. It doesn’t make sense to me that the activity app on my phone says I’ve been standing for two hours when I have really stood for over 8.

Do you think this problem could be solved if I turn off my Apple Watch before I start working? Or is the fitness app just not working for others as well?

both my watch and iPhone are up to date

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:41 AM

I'm afraid this is not working if you paired an Apple Watch and are using the watch to track your data.

I was hoping to use one of my other iPhones to track it without my Apple Watch, but as I was trying to set up the Fitness App after updating that iPhone to iOS 16, the app immediately synced my Fitness data from my Apple ID account.

And, the stand alone version does look different without having an Apple Watch connected to Fitness.

Track daily activity in Fitness on iPhone - Apple Support (BH)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 4:41 AM in response to TaylorBlissett

I'm afraid this is not working if you paired an Apple Watch and are using the watch to track your data.

I was hoping to use one of my other iPhones to track it without my Apple Watch, but as I was trying to set up the Fitness App after updating that iPhone to iOS 16, the app immediately synced my Fitness data from my Apple ID account.

And, the stand alone version does look different without having an Apple Watch connected to Fitness.

Track daily activity in Fitness on iPhone - Apple Support (BH)

Fitness app problems on iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.