Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app - different forecast, same location

Hi,

I've noticed yesterday that the weather app on my iPhone 11 shows different forecast than my wife's iPhone 12.

How is that possible?

I toot screenshots of both of the iPhones and it's quite different. Why is that?

Thanks,

Jakub

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 10:44 PM

Hello,

thank you for the link, however, the problem on the link is a bit different. As you can see in the pictures I shared, I have the temperature unit set the same (°C), however, the forecast is completely different:

• left picture shows no rain
  • right picture shows rain
  • also the temperatures are different on the same days.

I've laso checked my daughter's iPhone SE and it shows the same weather forecast as mine iPhone 11. Only my wife's iPhone 12 shows different forecast.

I've tried to restart and force restart iPhone. Delete and re-add the cities in Weather.app. non of that worked.

Any idea?

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 10:44 PM in response to J_Johnnyboy

Hello,

thank you for the link, however, the problem on the link is a bit different. As you can see in the pictures I shared, I have the temperature unit set the same (°C), however, the forecast is completely different:

• left picture shows no rain
  • right picture shows rain
  • also the temperatures are different on the same days.

I've laso checked my daughter's iPhone SE and it shows the same weather forecast as mine iPhone 11. Only my wife's iPhone 12 shows different forecast.

I've tried to restart and force restart iPhone. Delete and re-add the cities in Weather.app. non of that worked.

Any idea?

Sep 17, 2022 3:47 PM in response to jakudo

Hi jakudo,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

We're happy to provide some assistance.

When you have a free moment, we recommend you check out the thread below and look at the answer labeled "Apple Recommended."

Weather app showing wrong temperatures

The reason we ask you to take a look at the thread above is because the discussion is similar to the issue that you are experiencing.

If you're still having the same problem after looking at the thread we provided, do not hesitate to reach back out to the community with some specifics on what you see for more help.

Cheers!

Sep 18, 2022 9:23 AM in response to jakudo

Thank you for getting back to us with that information, jakudo. It’s appreciated.

We took a look and compared the photos you’ve sent of your iPhone and your spouses, so we have a couple of things we’d like you to try:

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support -- Whichever iPhone is using two phone lines, turn one of them off for a bit.

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support -- Make sure that there’s not a Focus running on either device.

Once that’s completed, compare the weather report on both devices.

If they’re still different, we recommend contacting Apple Support to look into this further with you: Get Support

If you’re unable to reach them using the link above, you can locate the Apple Support number in your country or one nearest you here: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

All the best.

Sep 20, 2022 8:46 AM in response to jakudo

Thanks for trying those steps, jakudo. However, reinstalling the iOS on an iPhone shouldn’t cause any data loss. Apple Support will be sure that the data on your iPhone is safe before recommending any steps that may remove it for a bit.

You can learn more about reinstalling here: If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support. Step 4 provides this information:

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. Your computer will try to reinstall the software without erasing your data.

Also, just as a precaution, they’ll most likely ask you to create a fresh backup to make sure.

Have an excellent day!

Weather app - different forecast, same location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.