Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my recent, documents, downloads, etc buttons dont show up on finder

Hey there! When I go to my finder, the selection for recent, documents, downloads, etc doesn't show up. When i press F4 and type documents, it takes me to finder, but it says "iCloud For Shortcuts, You can move your existing documents to icloud by dragging them from finder or other apps". I suppose I messed up my settings with icloud?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 6:25 AM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2022 4:42 PM in response to aarik114

Hey there, aarik114!

We appreciate you reaching out on Apple Support Communities. We can certainly help you with the missing options on the Finder sidebar.

In order to add those options back, you’ll want to open Finder, then in the menu bar go to Finder > Preferences > Sidebar. From there, you can select any options you like. This should help you get Recents, Downloads, Documents and more back.

You can see more about how to customize that here: Customize the Finder toolbars on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers!

my recent, documents, downloads, etc buttons dont show up on finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.