Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay not working on iOS 16

carplay no longer works after ios 16 upgrade ford sync3 version 3.4.21194

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 7:33 PM

Yes it does exist on iPhone 13 in iOS 16.

Settings > General > Scan all the way to bottom of the page > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

But before you do that, do use a VPN on your iPhone. If you do, turn it off and CarPlay will work.

12 replies

Sep 15, 2022 7:30 PM in response to Bretthretired

I had the same issue. Ford Sync3 and the iPhone with iOS16 was no longer showing connected. I reset my Network Settings on the iPhone (Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings), plugged in the phone over USB and it started working.

Previously I had tried to delete the car from Carplay and Bluetooth and added them back, that did nothing until I did the Network Setting reset.

Sep 20, 2022 4:29 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Carlbse - you are incorrect it does exist and solved the problem

lobsterghost1- good point on vpn, not me too ed anywhere on Apple instructions or faqs

this is why I rarely post in forums, solved this days ago and everything mentioned here was either incorrect or I tried it same day as the issue.

The answer do the reset on both the phone and the vehicle and wait like 5 hours for the iPhone to get its act together and it works…why does it take forever ? Who knows, high speed internet tied into both phone and vehicle…this is clearly an Apple issue related to the upgrade which takes apparently a lot of time to actually start working, not when the phone appears to be working.

Sep 20, 2022 4:45 PM in response to Bretthretired

I activated my new iPhone 14 Pro Max on iOS 16 and immediately connected my new phone to my car for CarPlay, which connected immediately performed exactly as expected as it should. No waiting. Nor should there be need for any waiting.

And before I got my 14 Pro Max, for over a week, I was on iOS 16 on my 13 Pro Max, which worked with Apple CarPlay as it should have immediately after the iOS update.

CarPlay not working on iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.