You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio stops when switching tab groups in Safari 16

I'm on the latest (as of this post) version of MacOS, Monterey 12.6, and using Safari 16. When I have audio playing in a tab in a tab group, when I switch to another tab group, the audio stops playing. This is problem as I like having a tab group of music streaming sites in the background while working in a different tab group. I've tried searching around preferences, but I can't find a way to change this behavior. I'd like to use tab groups, but this is a hard deal-breaker.

Is this a bug? Is there a way to fix it?

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 8:03 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 17, 2022 5:51 PM in response to skyshock21

Hello, skyshock21.

We have a couple of helpful articles that explain more about how Safari tabs work on your Mac:

1. Mute audio in tabs in Safari on Mac - Apple Support
    2. Change Tabs preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Switching between tab groups will redirect the primary audio output, so this is expected behavior. You can certainly leave feedback on this functionality. No one is better qualified to provide feedback about our products and services than the people who use them. The following link will get you started: Product Feedback.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Audio stops when switching tab groups in Safari 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.