Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WebKit Error Domain:104

I'm getting the above error message when I try visiting readwise.io in Safari 16.0 on macOS 12.6.

Disabling the 1Blocker Safari extension as well as my Bitdefender anti-virus didn't help. I also ran a scan with Malwarebytes, but no malware was found!

Google Chrome displays the website without images!

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 12:26 PM

Hello Trece1,

Thank you for your help.

I entered safe mode, but the issue remained. Then I noticed that right-clicking on the reload icon in Safari's address bar, I could reload a web page without any content blockers, as shown in the screenshot below:

When doing this, the web page rendered properly, so the next step was to find which extension was causing the trouble. In the end, it was Bitdefender's Anti-tracking engine that turned out to be causing the trouble. When I disabled the extension, readwise.io would load properly. Enabling the extension would block the website.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2022 12:26 PM in response to Community User

Hello Trece1,

Thank you for your help.

I entered safe mode, but the issue remained. Then I noticed that right-clicking on the reload icon in Safari's address bar, I could reload a web page without any content blockers, as shown in the screenshot below:

When doing this, the web page rendered properly, so the next step was to find which extension was causing the trouble. In the end, it was Bitdefender's Anti-tracking engine that turned out to be causing the trouble. When I disabled the extension, readwise.io would load properly. Enabling the extension would block the website.

Sep 18, 2022 10:46 AM in response to numbles45

Hello numbles45,

To help resolve this issue, boot into safe mode. Safe mode can help bypass software that can cause conflicts. This article shows your how: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Depending on the results you get in safe mode, follow the additional steps in the article.

How to use safe mode
Determine whether you're using a Mac with Apple silicon, then follow the appropriate steps:
Apple silicon
1. Shut down your Mac.
2. Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.
3. Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”
3. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.
Intel processor
1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift keyas your Mac starts up.
2. Release the key when you see the login window, then log in to your Mac. 
You might be asked to log in again. On either the first or second login window, you should see ”Safe Boot” in the upper-right corner of the window.

Best Regards.

WebKit Error Domain:104

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.