Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music syncing troubles

I have about 25,000 songs in the Music Library on my iMac. (None of them are from the Apple store, these are are songs and books I've imported directly into the iMac.)

When I sync my phone to the Mac (I have 1 TB of memory on the phone) the process keeps downloading about 3,500 songs -- even though those songs are already on the phone. It doesn't do it with all 25,000, just these 3,500. Some of them will be a particular song from an album, but not all the songs from that album are being "re-synced." I've tried deleting those songs from my iMac library and re-importing them. but it's not making any difference.

I've talked with Apple Care and they were clueless and had no suggestions as to why it's happening or how to fix it.

Anyone else have this problem?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 12:37 PM

You have not told us your Mac’s operating system. Hopefully it’s MacOS Monterey.

Assuming it is, have you checked “Entire Music Library” as shown here?

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Music syncing troubles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.