Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SOS in iOS 16 status bar

Hi!

I recently upgraded my iPhone 13 Pro Max to iOS 16, and in the status bar there is a small SOS where the cell phone bars usually are next to the WiFi signal. Is this intended, and if so, is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 11:59 PM

This is what is supposed to take it out of SOS only mode :

QUICKLY press VOLUME UP -followed by

QUICKLY press VOLUME DOWN - followed by

HOLD down side (POWER BUTTON) until APPLE icon appears...DO NOT LET GO WHEN POWER OFF SLIDE APPEARS,keep holding,it takes about 30 seconds or more on my iPhone 11, DON'T SLIDE THE POWER BUTTON ICON! JUST HOLD AND BE PATIENT....I've had to do this several times the second time it happened but this is the recommended "fix" from online forums. We shouldn't have to deal with this,so although this helps,it's not a longterm fix....that comes from us speaking up and complaining until a permanent fix is produced by APPLE. Hope th his helps you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 11:59 PM in response to chrisjgarner

This is what is supposed to take it out of SOS only mode :

QUICKLY press VOLUME UP -followed by

QUICKLY press VOLUME DOWN - followed by

HOLD down side (POWER BUTTON) until APPLE icon appears...DO NOT LET GO WHEN POWER OFF SLIDE APPEARS,keep holding,it takes about 30 seconds or more on my iPhone 11, DON'T SLIDE THE POWER BUTTON ICON! JUST HOLD AND BE PATIENT....I've had to do this several times the second time it happened but this is the recommended "fix" from online forums. We shouldn't have to deal with this,so although this helps,it's not a longterm fix....that comes from us speaking up and complaining until a permanent fix is produced by APPLE. Hope th his helps you.

SOS in iOS 16 status bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.