Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Photos on Mac strip photos of Title and Keywords when dragging and dropping? Why does Photos not allow for Title or Keywords in Shared Albums?

Photos does not allow for the propagation of certain metadata (Title & Keywords) when trying to share an album or dragging and dropping to another application. I have spent a lot of time adding Titles and Keywords to my photos. I want to be able to share this Metadata. People at Apple say this is as designed to ensure privacy, but then why do they share Location and Caption? Why can't I add a Title or Keyword to a photo in a Shared Album?

Maybe Apple should give us the option to share all or none of a photo's metadata.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 11:08 PM

You can share metadata by using the File -> Export command.

Otherwise: for feature requests:

Feedback - Photos - Apple

1 reply

Why does Photos on Mac strip photos of Title and Keywords when dragging and dropping? Why does Photos not allow for Title or Keywords in Shared Albums?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.