Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update problems

Hey i have a iphone X and i'm trying to download IOS16 but currently my phone has IOS15.7 and when i go to update it it says "IOS is up to date" even though it's not. i have plenty of storage on my phone for it.

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 9:41 PM

One potential reason for this message is that the Apple servers are "busy" with folks, like yourself, trying to upgrade to iOS 16.

Here are some other reason why it won't upgrade:

• The specific phone model does not support the update. << This shouldn't apply for an iPhone X
  • The phone has been "jailbroken."
  • The phone is running an iOS beta. If so, then you will need to remove the beta profile first.
  • The phone does not have enough free space. Typically it should have at least 5GBs available to update.
  • The phone is configured for either or both Low Power Mode or Personal Hotspot.
  • The phone is not connected to power and it has less than 50% charge left.
  • The phone is not connected via Wi-Fi to the Internet. It won't update on a cellular-only connection … unless it is on certain 5G cellular networks.
  • The phone is connected via a VPN.

Ref: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 9:41 PM in response to rosy8851

One potential reason for this message is that the Apple servers are "busy" with folks, like yourself, trying to upgrade to iOS 16.

Here are some other reason why it won't upgrade:

• The specific phone model does not support the update. << This shouldn't apply for an iPhone X
  • The phone has been "jailbroken."
  • The phone is running an iOS beta. If so, then you will need to remove the beta profile first.
  • The phone does not have enough free space. Typically it should have at least 5GBs available to update.
  • The phone is configured for either or both Low Power Mode or Personal Hotspot.
  • The phone is not connected to power and it has less than 50% charge left.
  • The phone is not connected via Wi-Fi to the Internet. It won't update on a cellular-only connection … unless it is on certain 5G cellular networks.
  • The phone is connected via a VPN.

Ref: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

Update problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.