Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my login profile picture on a Mac without also changing my iCloud user picture?

I used to be able to have a different picture for every user account on my mac, but now when I change the Mac user icon, it propagates to my AppleID and every device linked to my account. I want to have different icons for every user on the Mac regardless of what AppleID might be connected to that user. How can I get the previous behavior back?

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 3:27 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 19, 2022 9:18 AM in response to Handyisland

Hi, Handyisland.

To change the picture, follow these steps:

"

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups .
  2. If the lock at the bottom left is locked , click it to unlock the preference pane.
  3. Select the user account on the left.
  4. You can’t select an account for a user that’s currently logged in (indicated by a checkmark on the user’s picture). The user must log in and change their picture or log out so you can change it.
  5. Click the user’s picture on the right, then do any of the following:
  • Select a Memoji: Click Memoji, then click the Add button  to select and compose a facial image. Or select one of the displayed Memoji, then select a pose and style you like.
    • The Apple ID picture dialog with Memoji selected in the sidebar and various Memoji shown on the right.
  • Select an emoji: Click Emoji, then click the Add button  to select an image from the emoji library. Or select one of the displayed emoji and select a style.
    • The Apple ID picture dialog with emoji selected in the sidebar and various emoji shown on the right.
  • Select a monogram: Click Monogram, select a background color, then enter initials.
    • The Apple ID picture dialog with Monogram selected in the sidebar and monogram backgrounds shown on the right.
  • Take a picture using your Mac camera: Click Camera. Set up your shot, then click the Camera button. You can retake the photo as many times as you need to. 
    • The Apple ID picture dialog with Camera selected in the sidebar and a person posed in the viewfinder on the right.
  • Select a photo from your Photos library: Click Photos. To see photos from a specific album, click the arrow  next to Photos in the sidebar, click the album you want, then select a photo.
  • The Apple ID picture dialog with Photos selected in the sidebar and photos shown on the right.
    • Tip: To quickly replace the current Apple ID picture with an image on your desktop, just drag the image from the Finder onto the current picture.
  • Select a suggested image: Click Suggestions, then select a picture.
    • The Apple ID picture dialog with Suggestions selected in the sidebar and suggested pictures shown on the right.
  1. After you select an image, you can adjust its look. Do any of the following:
    • Adjust the image location: Drag the picture around within the circle.
    • Zoom in or out: Drag the slider left or right.
  1. Click Save.

"

Change picture

Cheers.

How can I change my login profile picture on a Mac without also changing my iCloud user picture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.