Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone activation locked

i buy second hand iphone by first owner and i reset iphone and iphone is activation locked how to remove activation lock plz help me and this iphone first owner not giving me iphone box

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 3:53 AM

Activation lock is a theft-deterrent mechanism which INTENTIONALLY disables to phone so as to make it virtually worthless.

The ONLY way for you to release the activation lock is with the cooperation of the “locking” owner.

He/she needs to perform the following actions:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Without that cooperation, the phone will NEVER function for you.

We can’t help you nor will Apple.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 3:53 AM in response to tattooistsuku

Activation lock is a theft-deterrent mechanism which INTENTIONALLY disables to phone so as to make it virtually worthless.

The ONLY way for you to release the activation lock is with the cooperation of the “locking” owner.

He/she needs to perform the following actions:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Without that cooperation, the phone will NEVER function for you.

We can’t help you nor will Apple.

Sep 15, 2022 4:35 AM in response to tattooistsuku

Sorry for your “take” on the situation.

FYI, we are not Apple but simply users assisting other users and helping them to negotiate “the system.”

However, if you’d prefer to receive the same answer from an “official” Apple Employee - which is a completely reasonable expectation - you may always reach out to them at the Apple Support link provided on this page.

Lastly, feel free to contact Apple re: their service - or perceived lack of it - here:

Product Feedback - Apple

iphone activation locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.