Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 9 - bug with alternative calendars

Hi

I noticed that alternative calendars are not available anymore.

I used to put Islamic Calendar on my watch face. However, I can't find it after their new update.

I wish to fix this soon.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 5:34 AM

9 replies

Sep 19, 2022 9:48 AM in response to nassalh

Hi nassalh,

We would love to help out! Your Apple Watch should display the Calendar (current date & time) based on the Watch face you choose and your Settings. There are two different ways to check and select what shows there.

1. Go to the Watch app on your iPhone
  2. General
  3. Language & Region
  4. You can check to see if it is set to mirror your iPhone, or select Custom to select the Calendar option of your choice based on your Region

If your device is set to mirror your iPhone, check the following to see your Calendar options based on your Region setting on your iPhone.

1. Settings > General > Language & Region
  2. Check to see that the correct option is selected based on the options for your region.

If your referring to events and notifications for the Calendar app, you can also check to see what calendars are selected by going to the following settings in the Watch app on your iPhone

1. Calendar > Check to see if it is set to mirror your iPhone, or if it is set to Custom, the correct calendar is showing there and is selected.

To check or Add the Calendar to your options if it doesn't show, go to the Calendar app on iPhone

1. Calendars (bottom middle option)
  2. If you do not see the calendar there, go to Add Calendars...
  3. Add Holiday Calendar
  4. Select the calendar you would like to add.

Please see this link for additional information and details: Check and update your calendar on Apple Watch

We hope that takes care of it for you, but if not, please let us know.

Cheers!

Sep 20, 2022 8:56 AM in response to nassalh

nassalh,

You may be able to add the Lunar watch face which depicts the relationship to the date and time to the phases of the moon. Please look at section "Lunar" to find out all customizable features: Apple Watch faces and their features - Apple Support

If you're still not seeing what you'd like on your Apple Watch, please leave feedback. You can use this link: Feedback - Watch - Apple

Take care.

Sep 19, 2022 9:39 PM in response to Michele_4_411

Hi

Thank you for your answer Michele

I tried all of the solutions mentioned above didn't work

I mirror my iPhone (in both language and Region & Calander settings)

In my iPhone the Alternate Calander is the Islamic calander and it works well on iPhone

in the WatchOS 8 it used to offer an a complication in the watch face for Alternate Calander (Islamic in my case)

This complciation has disappeared in WatchOS 9 !!

I wish put it back

Thank You

Oct 29, 2022 3:46 PM in response to 1ssmith

This doesn’t fix the problem being described.

I had been able to use/show the Hebrew calendar on apps other than the Lunar face. The Hebrew calendar is no longer available as per the Islamic calendar.

Please provide and update to allow users to once again access Hebrew and Islamic calendars on apps other than the Lunar app as was the case previous to Watch OS 9 update.

Thank you,

Phil

WatchOS 9 - bug with alternative calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.