Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set iphone location only for selected apps

hello, I tried many times to set my iphone location only for selected apps. But the location keeps always on. The only way to get rid of that is turning off location. I want use location service only for needed apps such as camera, maps etc, and location settings showing few apps. I tried the ''while using the app'' setting but location keeps always on. Below screen shot will give you some idea of my phone location settings. How can i fix this

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 7:36 AM

5 replies

Sep 20, 2022 9:48 AM in response to sehan80

Hey sehan80,

Since a number of the features in System Services are enabled and since these are a part of the system, it could explain while this is always showing as active. Really, it’s up to you to determine if you don’t want any of these features to use Location Services. You can read more about the features of this here:

About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS

Take care.

Sep 19, 2022 10:56 AM in response to sehan80

Hello sehan80,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you need some help with location services. We certainly understand why you'd reach out and we are happy to help!

There are many reasons why you may see this on. This could be due to System Services as well. What happens if you go into Settings > Location Services > System Services?

Please let us know!

Take care!

How to set iphone location only for selected apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.