Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song disappears when dragged to Apple Music

I drag a song into a playlist. I get the "playlist removed from iCloud" warning. The song momentarily appears in the playlist but then disappears. Make it stop.

iMac Pro

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 12:23 PM

For future reference see Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Adding ineligible content (error, duplicate, etc.) to a playlist removes it from the cloud.

tt2

2 replies

Sep 15, 2022 11:51 AM in response to MikieSF

I have an answer. I did a search in my Apple Music for the file and surprisingly found several versions, including one that should have been deleted. This was a song for my band and so I think I tried to upload (a new version) of the file into the playlist before the older (and deleted) one had completely uploaded and cleared. I confused Apple Music and iCloud. From within Apple Music I deleted the song from the playlist and from the iTunes Library. This cleared the problem, copying into the playlist and uploading to iCloud worked again.

Song disappears when dragged to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.