Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my apple id

I want to change my apple id have forgotten my password 🔒for the first account

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 12:22 PM

1 reply

Sep 19, 2022 1:09 PM in response to MaryScot

Greetings, MaryScot.

If you want to change your Apple ID email address, you will need to have access to your account.

"Reset your Apple ID password on the web

If you don't have a trusted device, you can reset your password on the web—but the process might take a little longer.

When possible, the web process redirects you to a trusted device. If you'll have access to one of your trusted devices soon, it might be faster and easier to reset your password then.

Reset your password at iforgot.apple.com" If you forgot your Apple ID password

If you are unable to reset your Apple ID password, you may need to begin account recovery.

"What is account recovery?

Account recovery is a process designed to get you back into your Apple ID account when you don’t have enough information to reset your password. For security reasons, it might take several days or longer before you can use your account again. We know this delay is inconvenient, but it's important so that we can keep your account and information safe.

Before you start the account recovery waiting period, try to reset your password. Learn how to reset your Apple ID password on a trusted device or through the Apple Support app on a family member’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can also visit an Apple Store and ask to use a device on site. If you set up an account recovery contact, they can also help you reset your password

Use account recovery only as a last resort when you can’t sign in or reset your Apple ID password. " How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

How can I change my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.