Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Can I Check The Battery Health? (With Or Without 3rd Party Apps)

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 1:29 PM

The iphone has a battery health option under settings, battery, the ipad doesn’t seem to. You can at least see what’s using the battery.

as to third party apps I have no suggestion, you’d just have to search and read reviews to find one that looks good to you

2 replies

Sep 16, 2022 9:32 AM in response to Mainecoon364

The battery health feature is exclusive to iOS for iPhone. Inclusion of this feature is relatively recent.

iOS/iPadOS for iPad has never had the Battery Health feature - most likely because iPad batteries are both considerably larger and have a much longer service life. 

An iPad battery is rated to maintain at least 80% of its initial capacity after 1000 full charge/discharge cycles - whereas an iPhone is rated to have 80% of initial capacity after 500 full cycles.

There are software packages available that can access battery cycle count. Popular choices for Mac are Coconut Battery and iMazing - whereas iMazing is available for Windows PC.

https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.