Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 broken by OS 9.0 -- How Do I Fix it?

I started with Apple Support 9 hours ago. Apple still has no idea how to fix my AW7 to stop the battery from draining (the last test I did, it used 2/3 of the battery in 4 hours, and all I was doing was sitting here working).

I've done all the suggested fixes several times.

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 2:33 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 16, 2022 5:27 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thanks. I spent, about, 9 hours with Apple Support yesterday. After two separate evaluations of my AW7 using Apple’s remote access software, it was indicated that my AW7 is operating correctly, and Apple “engineers” are aware of the fact that Watch OS 9.0 causes rapid battery drain and are “working on it”.

So, basically, Watch OS 9.0 has made this AW7 worthless until, and unless, a software fix is issued.

Oct 4, 2022 8:11 AM in response to mglanzro

Actually, the problem has gotten a lot WORSE.

The worsening came about because, all of sudden after iOS 16.0.2 and Watch OS 9.0, my watch would not unlock my Mac. No matter what I did. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo after 3 or 4, maybe 5 hours with Apple Support one day, when they told me to reinstall MAC OS on my Mac, which I did, the watch would still not unlock the Mac. So, I went back to support the next morning, coincidentally getting the same "Elevated" Support fellow I had the day before, and after 3-4 hours with him again, including enabling a "Test ID" on my Mac (not the problem), I was told to turn off all bluetooth on my Mac (except the keyboard and mouse obviously) and remove all bluetooth devices from the Mac, except the mouse and keyboard, and iPhone, completely log out of iCloud on my iPhone, my Mac, and therefore my Apple Watch, which of course removed all sorts of settings. When I logged back in to iCloud on my iPhone and Mac, voila, the watch now unlocks the Mac. ... ... ... ... ... ... THE PROBLEM IS, HOWEVER, that now, my AW7 runs out of battery in two to three hours, it gets so hot while charging that the cellular signal is disconnected until it cools down, sometimes when I put it on the charger the battery % actually decreases down to almost nothing unless I turn on "Low Power Mode". ... ... ... ... ... ... Basically, the AW7 is, now, worth less except to unlock my Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.