Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 water resistance

i wanna know if my iphone 8 has been opened and is still water resistant because its a renewed original iphone 8, just wanna make sure before i accedentally drop this in water

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 2:48 PM

If you accidentally drop the phone in water there’s a good chance that will kill it. The phone is water resistant, not water proof.

And it depends on who opened it. If it was Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider the phone will be resealed properly. But that means replacing the original seals, which lose their effectiveness once you open the phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 2:48 PM in response to JacobWinter

If you accidentally drop the phone in water there’s a good chance that will kill it. The phone is water resistant, not water proof.

And it depends on who opened it. If it was Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider the phone will be resealed properly. But that means replacing the original seals, which lose their effectiveness once you open the phone.

iphone 8 water resistance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.