Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID not working for the app store

Checked all my face ID settings, still not working for the app store

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 7:17 AM

What seems to have worked for me is to just disable Face ID as a sign in method for the App Store, and enable it once again. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode, and disable iTunes & App Store. To enable it again, you’ll have to enter your Apple ID password. After that, Face ID worked as an authorization method for App Store. Background: I upgraded my phone, and also moved to iOS 16 in the same process; not sure which step caused this issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2022 7:17 AM in response to prachi131

What seems to have worked for me is to just disable Face ID as a sign in method for the App Store, and enable it once again. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode, and disable iTunes & App Store. To enable it again, you’ll have to enter your Apple ID password. After that, Face ID worked as an authorization method for App Store. Background: I upgraded my phone, and also moved to iOS 16 in the same process; not sure which step caused this issue.

Face ID not working for the app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.