Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing imports from library

Ios 16 and Mac 12.5.1

I'm trying to import my pictures to my mac and I noticed after importing that not all of the photos appear in my Mac's photo library. And its not like it the newest photos either that are missing but there is a chunk between months that are gone (so it uploaded some photos from August but skipped a bunch and then uploaded the beginning of September).

I tried importing the specific missing photos into a new photo album but after it finishes "uploading" it takes me to the imports. But the photos aren't there nor in the album I create to import them specifically into.

I also noticed that in the column where you can click between seeing your imports and the devices connected to the MAC that the photo library under imports is different from the photo library in devices which is also different from the photo library under library.

This is all very frustrating and was wondering if anyone else is having this issue and how they resolved it.

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 11:23 AM

Denise, you may want to try to import using Image Capture instead of Photos. Image Capture can save the imported photos to a folder im Finder, so you can inspect them and check the file format. If all is well, you can import them from the folder to Photos.

Try to import just one photo at a time, to see, if it is causing an error message.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 11:23 AM in response to denisse28

Denise, you may want to try to import using Image Capture instead of Photos. Image Capture can save the imported photos to a folder im Finder, so you can inspect them and check the file format. If all is well, you can import them from the folder to Photos.

Try to import just one photo at a time, to see, if it is causing an error message.

Missing imports from library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.