Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Services using too much data

iPhone XS max iOS 15.6.1

My battery was draining fast, and i used 75% of my 3 GB data in two weeks. When I looked at data use, appleID has used 2.8 GB so far this billing cycle. I usually use less than 1 GB a month total. Why is this happening?

I have now turned off all cell data, closed all open safari tabs, turned off location services, and otherwise checked all possible boxes. BTW, i am usually careful to turn off location for all but necessary apps. Most were on when I just checked. perhaps a recent update turned them on again. If that is the case, that's not good.

Apple, please leave my settings alone when you update.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 3:36 PM

Hello Belepix.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. If you're noticing high cellular data usage, you can should check and make changes to what is accessing your cellular data. It does sound like you've done a great job in doing that. Just in case, here are more resources and steps that should help out: View or change cellular data settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Navigate to Settings > Cellular and scroll down to edit which apps and services have access to your cellular data. Additional options can be listed under Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options:

Reduce cellular usage: Turn on Low Data Mode, or tap Data Mode, then choose Low Data Mode. This mode pauses automatic updates and background tasks when iPhone isn’t connected to Wi-Fi.

Turn Data Roaming on or off: Data Roaming permits internet access over a cellular data network when you’re in a region not covered by your carrier’s network. When you’re traveling, you can turn off Data Roaming to avoid roaming charges.

Additional steps you can try is to install any pending updates that might be available for your device. Keeping your device fully updated can help resolve various issues. Just in case, the following resource can guide you through the update process: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

We hope this information is helpful. Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2022 3:36 PM in response to Belepix

Hello Belepix.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. If you're noticing high cellular data usage, you can should check and make changes to what is accessing your cellular data. It does sound like you've done a great job in doing that. Just in case, here are more resources and steps that should help out: View or change cellular data settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Navigate to Settings > Cellular and scroll down to edit which apps and services have access to your cellular data. Additional options can be listed under Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options:

Reduce cellular usage: Turn on Low Data Mode, or tap Data Mode, then choose Low Data Mode. This mode pauses automatic updates and background tasks when iPhone isn’t connected to Wi-Fi.

Turn Data Roaming on or off: Data Roaming permits internet access over a cellular data network when you’re in a region not covered by your carrier’s network. When you’re traveling, you can turn off Data Roaming to avoid roaming charges.

Additional steps you can try is to install any pending updates that might be available for your device. Keeping your device fully updated can help resolve various issues. Just in case, the following resource can guide you through the update process: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

We hope this information is helpful. Cheers.

Apple ID Services using too much data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.