Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to temporarily mute iMessage notifications from everyone, except one person.

I need an easy way to mute all texts from everyone (except 1 person), while still being able to receive everyone's calls.

I receive OVER 100 texts a day and I respond to these messages at the end of my shift, but while I'm working, the notifications are distracting and hindering my productivity. Unfortuanitely, I can't just mute my phone. When my boss sends a text, I need the whole 9 yards: Sound, vibration, banner, repeat every 2 minutes.

I've been swiping left to mute everyone (who is not my boss), but this approach has been counter-productive because I don't know who's going to text me and when. I'll get the text message ad manually mute it, but the damage has been done, I've been distracted. What's worse, is that at end of the day, I have to unmute all the people I muted, but sometimes I miss important contact (like my wife) and that's led to all kinds of chaos. 

I need an easy way to temporarily mute all texts from everyone who is not my boss, while still being able to receive calls from everyone. If I can put it on a schedule, that would be the icing on the cake. Is there a way to do this?

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 5:52 AM

Download a "silent" text alert tone from the iTunes store. Set a custom text tone for your boss. When you want to mute everyone but your boss, change the default text alert to the silent text tone in Settings>Sounds & Haptics>Text Tones.

Similar questions

1 reply

I need to temporarily mute iMessage notifications from everyone, except one person.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.