Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why HBO Max Crashing on my Apple TV?

Yesterday night, on AppleTV,  the HBO Max application crashes when I try streaming episodes. When I get to the episode, nothing occurs when I click on it, and finally the app just quits. I restarted my Apple TV and uninstalled and reinstalled the programme. This is replicable and continuous, but it has occasionally occurred on other television shows and films.

Is anyone there, who knows how to fix it?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 8:46 AM

Yesterday night, on AppleTV, the HBO Max application crashes when I try streaming episodes. When I get to the episode, nothing occurs when I click on it, and finally the app just quits. I restarted my Apple TV and uninstalled and reinstalled the programme. This is replicable and continuous, but it has occasionally occurred on other television shows and films.

What is your version system software? If you haven’t already, update to the current version. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support.

HBO Max now requires tvOS 12 or later, according to their App Store submission.

In general, try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

So contact HBO Max for app support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 8:46 AM in response to kaks04

Yesterday night, on AppleTV, the HBO Max application crashes when I try streaming episodes. When I get to the episode, nothing occurs when I click on it, and finally the app just quits. I restarted my Apple TV and uninstalled and reinstalled the programme. This is replicable and continuous, but it has occasionally occurred on other television shows and films.

What is your version system software? If you haven’t already, update to the current version. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support.

HBO Max now requires tvOS 12 or later, according to their App Store submission.

In general, try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

So contact HBO Max for app support.

Why HBO Max Crashing on my Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.