Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unwanted sound

Since I have upgraded to MacOS 11.7 and Safari 16.0, I experience undetected music (a rithm box is continuously playing and interferes with other sound sources like iTunes. How can I detect its source and remove it? Quitting Safari and removing history as wel as rebooting does not remove it.

After upgrading I got a warning that Garage Band was corrupted with the advice to remove it and install it again. I have done this but not yet installed as I never use this app.

Johannes

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 9:50 AM

Hi jfromzeewolde,

We would suggest starting up the system in what is called safe mode. This will help isolate this issue.To start in safe mode, follow these steps:

Begin with the computer powered off.

Press the power button to turn it on then press and hold the Shift key.

Keep holding the shift key until you get to the log in screen.

More information is available here: Start up your Mac in safe mode  The computer will take longer to start in safe mode, and the screen may have some distorted video as it starts up. This is normal. Once you are logged in, use the system and test to see if the issue continues.If everything seems to work as expected, go ahead and restart the computer normally and test again. Starting in safe mode forces the computer to run some disk checks similar to First Aid. This can resolve some issues.

Let us know the results.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 9:50 AM in response to jfromzeewolde

Hi jfromzeewolde,

We would suggest starting up the system in what is called safe mode. This will help isolate this issue.To start in safe mode, follow these steps:

Begin with the computer powered off.

Press the power button to turn it on then press and hold the Shift key.

Keep holding the shift key until you get to the log in screen.

More information is available here: Start up your Mac in safe mode  The computer will take longer to start in safe mode, and the screen may have some distorted video as it starts up. This is normal. Once you are logged in, use the system and test to see if the issue continues.If everything seems to work as expected, go ahead and restart the computer normally and test again. Starting in safe mode forces the computer to run some disk checks similar to First Aid. This can resolve some issues.

Let us know the results.

unwanted sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.