Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have internet service on my iPad and personal hotspot too and everyday it disappears . Tells me to hook up wifi

How do I get my iPhone internet and hotspot to stay with my iPad. I pay for the service

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 1:04 PM

Assuming that both your iPad and iPhone are both signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, verify that your iPad is configured to automatically join your iPhone hotspot:

Settings > WiFi > Auto-Join hotspot - set to Automatic

Note that your iPad will only join the hotspot if (a) the iPhone is within range - and (b) the iPad cannot detect a configured WiFi network.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 1:04 PM in response to catherinefrommad river

Assuming that both your iPad and iPhone are both signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, verify that your iPad is configured to automatically join your iPhone hotspot:

Settings > WiFi > Auto-Join hotspot - set to Automatic

Note that your iPad will only join the hotspot if (a) the iPhone is within range - and (b) the iPad cannot detect a configured WiFi network.

I have internet service on my iPad and personal hotspot too and everyday it disappears . Tells me to hook up wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.