Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieving deleted text messages

I’m not getting “show recently deleted” in message under edit, I’ve downloaded iOS 16 this is what supposed to be one of the new features, so where is it? Has anyone tried yet?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 3:38 PM

Ok, I got what u mean, it’s working now. I had to delete some thing for it to create deleted retrieval, but what I was looking for, was how to retrieve the messages that have been deleted a couple of weeks ago before I downloaded. ISO 16. I thought it would retrieve those also but I guess not thank you for helping me get this issue fixed though if you can think of another way to retrieve my past texts, please I’m all ears.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 3:38 PM in response to jlmelton

Ok, I got what u mean, it’s working now. I had to delete some thing for it to create deleted retrieval, but what I was looking for, was how to retrieve the messages that have been deleted a couple of weeks ago before I downloaded. ISO 16. I thought it would retrieve those also but I guess not thank you for helping me get this issue fixed though if you can think of another way to retrieve my past texts, please I’m all ears.

Sep 19, 2022 9:21 AM in response to jlmelton

jlmelton wrote:

what I was looking for, was how to retrieve the messages that have been deleted a couple of weeks ago before I downloaded. ISO 16. I thought it would retrieve those also but I guess not thank you for helping me get this issue fixed though if you can think of another way to retrieve my past texts, please I’m all ears.

No, you can only retrieve deleted items that were deleted after you updated to iOS 16.

Retrieving deleted text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.