Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification required on app store

How do I fix this? It doesn’t let me download nor update anything. It keeps saying I need to verify but I don’t have a card and I don’t have access to one. Never had this problem on my iPhone but I’m having it on my ipad. It says I have to add one over and over but I CANT. It’s getting annoying.

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 9:36 PM

You need a payment method -

Unless you have a NONE option in the payment methods, you usually have to have a valid payment method entered in your account details. Even for free apps or to update apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16; HomePods, audioOS 16 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 9:36 PM in response to ashlynn213

You need a payment method -

Unless you have a NONE option in the payment methods, you usually have to have a valid payment method entered in your account details. Even for free apps or to update apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16; HomePods, audioOS 16 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Verification required on app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.